Watercolor Mosaic

To see more details or play with virtual framing click HERE

When a very special customer of mine asked if I want to paint an Italian style mosaic with the fruit vase, I first thought I did not hear her right: Mosaic? In Watercolors?!! But as an Artist who likes a challenge and loves to explore, I jumped to this project with enthusiasm.

We discussed the details and composition, colors and stylistic approach. The fruits and berries are all her favorites for cooking and baking. And the mosaic painting itself will become some sort of signature of her love to cooking with the heart and passion. From the last posts you remember, her jams are to die for!

And now here is a little game.

Try to find the following:

White Peach
Apricots
Strawberries
Plum
Raspberries
Blackberries
Cherries
Pear
Pineapple

Did you do good?

Now here is another challenge:
Find a Habanero Pepper
It is there.

Wonderful! 

How could it have all of that? I can give you a recipe: patience My Friends. When I was painting each tile of this fruit mosaic I meditated while creating those virtual stones: rock by rock, color by color, all in Watercolor!! :0)

And here are a few detailed images of this Mosaic Fruit Vase:



..............................................................................

Original Watercolor on 300lb Arches Cold Pressed paper 12"x16"

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul



Popular Posts