The Heart Of A Plum - Jam Labels Project

Detailed Image is HERE
The Jam Labels Project is almost over. Only two paintings are left after this one.

Each time I am creating a new label I want to make it better and more meaningful. With the Plum painting everything was going just as smooth as could be. The very same day I decided to grab my brush to make a Plum painting, our neighbors offered us to pick a few plums from their tree. How did they know that I had a need in a model?!! Mystery! My husband picked up the plums and I picked up a knife and a camera. When I made photos I kept saying to myself: "I wish to have a great meaningful composition that not only represents the plums for a jam label, but something else"... and my prayers had been heard. One of the plums, when cut, reminded me of the shape of the heart. I was stunned as I've just recently learned that my client loves the symbol of heart, collects them, and as the matter of fact she sees them everywhere (e.g. the cloud in the sky, the pattern of the fancy rug, the cut berry) where some people will not even pay attention, she does.

The rest was the history: I've painted the art piece in one day as my heart was moved by such a pleasant coincidence. 

.......................................................................................
Here is the suggested Jam Labels design:


.......................................................................
Original painting is 8"x10" watercolor on 140lb Cold Pressed Arches

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts