Still Life With Garlic, Olive, and an Old Pot

Click HERE to see the details of the painting

This is a watercolor painting in Old Masters Still Life style. 

Garlic, Olive and an Old Pot. In order to achieve the most realistic effect, I placed the objects in front of me; and carefully observed them before painting, then I drew the outlines, covered the Garlic and an Olive with making fluid. As in my other still life I worked first on the background using a mixture of Burnt Siena, Raw Amber, Ultramarine Blue, and Paines Gray Winsor&Newton Artist grade watercolor. And after the background was bone-dry I worked on the Garlic, and Olive with the following techniques: first wet-on-wet, then wet-on-dry, and the last touches were in dry  "thirsty" brush. This helped to achieve a maximum realism for my painting.
........................................................................................
The Original Painting Still Life With Garlic and Olive is 10"x14" on 300lb Cold Pressed Arches

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts