Red Rose

Red Rose


This beautiful Rose (or shell I say the photo that became an inspiration for this painting) was featured on the book of an incredible woman writer Carolyne Swayze . Her novel  Of  Noble Character is sailing the world right now (literally and virtually)Being a person of multiple talents, just name a few such singing, song writing, and even creating outstanding miniatures for Collectible Doll Houses;  she wrote this book after a deep research of European and American history. And even though her book is a fiction, a story about people in the book appears more than real. I am only on my first chapter, but already feel I am involved with the lives of the characters, their worries and victories of everyday lives. I was amazed how easily the author plays with the past and present tense, engaging her readers to be THERE and NOW. 
....................................................................
A little bit about my Rose Painting
I've decided to paint this flower slightly different from a realistic still life in the interior. I intentionally left white background with no shadows as the symbol of purity, and I thought of placing the leaves like open arms as if they invite the viewer to enjoy the beauty. If curious, you can compare the original picture with the painting by clicking HERE. It is interesting how we, the Artists, can interpret and present a picture of a simple flower bringing our personal experience into a story.

...................................................................
I also thought that this Red Rose would make a wonderful either Birthday or a Thank-You card. See my  design below:


..........................................................................
Original Art painted in watercolor. Size 10"x14". Arches Cold Pressed Paper.

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul






Popular Posts