Muy Caliente! Pineapple Habanero - Jam Labels Project

Detailed Image is HERE

My Jam Labels project is developing into very interesting and a creative venue. Not only my customer makes delicious sweet jams, she also mixes a sweet with a heat. And here is the great wild example, pineapple habanero. When I received her request to paint that spicy family my mind was wondering how to accomplish this unusual combination, how to place papers next to the pineapple in the way they compliment each other. 

I cut my pineapple and left its beautiful leaves for the contrast. The habanero peppers were placed on both sides to give a stability to the composition. Their tails are up in the air as if whole painting is smiling. I swear when I painted this piece my mouth was watering just from thinking of flavor, sweetness and richness of this combination.

 And the good part to work on such projects such Jam Labels is that my customer provided me with the sample. And oh yeah: It was delicious! 
Muy Caliente!!!
.........................................................................................
And here is one of the labels:

.......................................................................
8"x10" Watercolor on Arches 140lb Cold Pressed

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts