Blackberries On A Plate - Jam Labels Project

Detailed Image is HERE

When my dear customer asked to paint Blackberries for her Jam Labels, I had a question in my Artist's head: How would I paint BLACK berries for colorful and cheerful labels? The answer came unexpectedly after I got a photo of a beautiful Italian Bowl, Deruta Pottery. The blues, the reds, the yellows were just perfectly created for the project. I painted a little circle with the Deruta style pattern, on which the blackberries would rest. 

What does this circle represent? For some viewers it would be a small plate, for others maybe a place mat or a coaster. For me it is a colorful compliment, and if you wish, a symphony of hues that make the blackberries sing.

Suggested Labels design is here:

........................................................................................
Original Painting Blackberries : 8x10 Watercolor on 140 Cold Pressed Paper

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts