Mister Onion

Detailed Image is HERE

This is the study of the onion that I did a couple of weeks ago preparing for one of my Old Masters Style Still Life paintings. The challenge was that I had at least three sources of light and had to capture the highlight to present a round shape of this vegetable. I chose the strongest highlight and stuck to it. The other challenge (that probably brought me the most fun) that the surface was not a paper, but Aquabord, the rough surface of which requires a lot of skill to place the wash in one setting and then go with the damp brush and try not to lift the fist layer.
                                 ................................................................................................
Original Artwork is 6"x6" on Aquabord by Ampersand painted with St. Petersburg Watercolor

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts