Writer's Desk - Eugene O'Neill - Tao House

realistic still life
Detailed Image HERE

Here is the Eugene O'Neill desk. The bright metal Ink Bottle and a Ink Blotter caught my attention when I've visited Tao House Museum last weekend. Although, one detail on this painting was actually not on the desk, one pretty significant detail. Can you guess what?

Here is the interesting fact: Eugene O'Neill actually did not use neither ink nor a typewriter to create his plays. He used a simple pencil. And later on, his wife Carlotta would transform his handwritten notes using a  typewriter.

I've decided to paint a pencil here in order complete the story of this still life. And even composition wise the third non-flat object asked to be there...

This original and another one on Tao House ( Barn and Old Wagon) will be presented at Village Theatre Art Gallery in Danville at Tao House - Through Artists' Eyes exhibition until September 22, 2012.

10"x14" Watercolor on 300lb Cold Pressed Paper 

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts