Norway Fjord

(Click HERE for detailed image)
..........................
One of my dear art collectors sent me a photo of the beautiful Fjord from her trip to Norway.

Fjord, from the norse "fjörðr", in English means "where you travel across". Also, it has the same origin as the norwegian word "ferd", English "fare" or "travel".  (Source: Wikipedia.no). Created my moving glaciers more than 2.5 million years ago, Fjords are some of the most dramatic landscape features on Earth. Just imaging how the glacier was "slicing" the mountains, moving the rocks aside: and, how later on the sea found its way there.

When I was painting this piece I admired the monumental silence of the mountains, calm water and a crisp air. And I hope I could bring my admiration into my art.
.....................................................................................................
12"x16" Watercolor on 300lb Cold Pressed Arches 

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts