Eugene O'Neill Sacred Place - Tao House Ranch

Realistic Painting
Original SOLD
Detailed Image HERE

Today I've visited a beautiful ranch of the famous American writer Eugene O'Neill. 

My sister, I, and a bunch of great artist-friends came to explore and if weather permitted paint Plein-Air. The day was gorgeous; and I grabbed my brush. After visiting the house we explored the ranch. I decided to paint this white barn and an old beat-up wagon. 

The ranch is now a part of the National Parks system. Several times a year there are performances of Eugene O'Neill's plays as well as the Artists Days. And even we visited Tao House ranch in a quiet Saturday, it was still interesting to see students there who were rehearsing for a tomorrow performance. The barn was filled with theater spirit, I've heard the part of the play and felt as I was a part of the really sacred act that brought live a play that was written more than half century ago. 

Did you know, that... 

America's only Nobel Prize winning playwright, Eugene O'Neill, chose to live in Northern California at the height of his writing career. Isolated from the world and within the walls of his home, O'Neill wrote his final and most memorable plays; The Iceman Cometh, Long Day's Journey Into Night, and A Moon for the Misbegotten.

(Per http://www.nps.gov/euon/index.htm)

**************************************************

10"x14" St. Petersburg White Nights Watercolor on 300lb Arches Paper
*****************************
More Plein-air paintings are HERE

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts