Celebrating Fifteen Years

vivid painting Bay Area

Today I have two reasons to celebrate. 
First of all it is a National Holiday, the 4th Of July. But also, today is precisely fifteen years since I came to the United States Of America.

So many good things had happened in that period. After all, it is a third of my entire life. 
I had a great chance to explore by traveling in the U.S. and abroad. 
America is a huge country and each state has its own personality, traditions, famous visiting points. 

I've discovered and re-discovered California, South to North. I've visited state of Oregon, Arizona, Nevada, South Carolina, New York, Virginia, Maryland, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan, and Washington DC. 
Many times I brought with me my color palette and enjoyed painting outside.
For example, in Portland I was stunned by the rough ocean shore, gorgeous and powerful:
seascape in watercolor

In Arizona, specifically in Sedona, I felt as if I was visiting Mars not Earth. Monumental canyons caught my artist's attention:
landscape in watercolor

North of California amazed me with the peaceful Redwood trees landscapes:
watercolor forest

Pacific shore is so rich with impressive lighthouses, and I wish I could paint them all. So far, I am only done with three.
Lighthouse at the Point Arena:
watercolor landscape

Lighthouse in the little town of Trinidad:
watercolor landscape

And, Point Reyes Lighthouse:
watercolor landscape

And, needless to say, I've explored the area where I live, the famous San Francisco Bay Area. I will never be tired of painting its beautiful scenery such Golden Gate Bridge:
Bay Area seascape in watercolor

I love painting Bay Area parks and gardens. Here is one of my favorite places, Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park:
watercolor landscape San Francisco Bay Area

Or, what a pretty place is hiding in Berkeley hills, Blake's Garden with its alleys and sweet poppy fields:
watercolor landscapes poppy field

I was lucky to travel abroad in the last fifteen years as well. I visited Russia many times; and, I admired gorgeous cathedrals and monuments there: 
Blood Cathedral Saint Petersburg watercolor
historical sketches

I also traveled to Paris, France; and, painted the famous Eiffel Tower multiple times afterwords:
Paris France watercolour

watercolor cityscape

After visiting Italy, I fell in love not only with Italian culture, but as well with Italian language. I've even decided to learn Italian and in the last two years earned AA in Italian language, hoping that one day I will return to this country again and be able to practice.
Here are just a few of my paintings that are devoted to Italy.
The town of Siena:
watercolor painting

A little town of Positano:
watercolor Mediterranean shore

Cozy cafe in Venice:
watercolor Italian Cafe

Speaking of education, besides studying languages, I was also earning an Accounting degree and Fine Art Diploma in these wonderful fifteen years here in the U.S.

After working half of this time for a corporate work; somewhere in 2009 I've decided to switch my course 180 degrees and return full time to my Life Calling. I pursued an art career and became professional artist. Little by little I built my Portfolio and my clientele. 

Today, I can say that my art has been travelling more than I do. The original and copies of my art are not only throughout the U.S, they are in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Malaysia, Russia, Spain. The illustrations that I painted for my International customers are originally presented in Ireland and Switzerland. And then, they will travel the world in forms of jam labels, yogurt labels, and various sauces
I am also exited that I was discovered by one Licensing Company and now my Fine Art is sold through venues like Overstock.com, Walmart.com, and many large brick and mortal stores. 

These fifteen years were truly remarkable. I know I put a lot of hard work into them. But, I also know I would not be able to do all of it without a huge support from my family, friends and my lovely clients.  

There are so many exiting projects are ahead. On one of them, I am actually working in the last three months, but it yet to be released. I will be sharing about this new project soon in the future posts.

Today, I am celebrating wonderful fifteen years in America that allowed me to open myself as an Artist, Traveler, Life Student, and a growing Spiritual Being 
:)

Cheers from www.artirina.com !!! 


































Popular Posts