Forest Berries Image For Labels

strawberry blackcurrant raspberry

In comparison with Caramel Fudge image, where I had to practically invent and re-invent the composition going through many sketches for the Yogurt Labels international project, the Forest Berries image was relatively easy for me to create. 

I just needed to make sure that the berries would be "read" and "separated", yet are staying in one logical bunch in the black and white image.

Luckily, I had many berries painted for the previous, Jam Labels, project.
So, I already had a sweet velvety Raspberry bunch behind my belt:
realism in watercolor

I painted quite a few Blackcurrant botanical studies before:

realism in watercolor
And I had a painting of the Strawberries bunch with flowers and leaves as well:

realism in watercolor

I just needed to turn on my imagination, grab the pen with ink; and, fearlessly start drawing berry after berry, seed after seed, leave vein after a leave vein. 

The shading and the contrast were the keys of the successful drawing for sure!! 


www.artirina.com


Popular Posts