Watercolor Stitches ?!!


One quite unusual request I've received from one International fellow artist recently. Her name is Hanita Yahotomi from Ukraine (http://vk.com/morra_design) and 
she asked to transform my watercolor painting of 
into a design for 
cross-stitching. 
I am so used to by now that my art is on Jams, Yogurts, SaucesMarmalade, and on other packaging materials for farms and Farmers Markets. But this offer was quite unexpected and really exiting. 

I was wondering how can the artist make the transition from stitch to stitch imitating my watercolor brush strokes. 
And, as you can see, she did it perfectly. 

I love it! 

Here is for comparison, my original watercolor:


There are so many interesting, exiting and unexpected ways to express the Beauty of the Art! 
:)

Popular Posts