Eiffel Tower - Phase I and II


The drawing on the left and the first wash on the right.
When I drew the tower I started with the main shape going slowly into tiny details, yet did not want to place too many of them to avoid the pencil marks showing too much. 
The fist wash was made wet-on-wet. I used Alizarin Crimson and warm yellow to give the sun reflection on the clouds. The Ultramarine blues with Violet Purple fit right in for the clouds shapes. Yet it was only the beginning. The clouds would need to be touched several times here to achieve the intensity of the night Paris sky. 
At this stage of painting I was not concerned neither about Eiffel Tower construction details, no figures. The main focus was on area, which will help the Eiffel Tower to shine.

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts