Rebuilding The Eiffel Tower

Detailed Image of the Original Painting: Here

My client asked if I could paint The Eiffel Tower for her (original art was recently sold) but instead of one lady she wanted to see two young girls. The painting would be a gift to her friend who she met in Paris. When start working on the new art piece, and having the original image handy, I wanted to make a new one as if it was the only painting I ever did of The Eiffel Tower. I've been to Paris twice; but unfortunately pictures didn't turn out great (a good excuse to go there again, eh :0) .. 

The day I've received the commission request the skies in my area were so beautiful and so dramatic that I rushed to take a good photo reference to have it for my future art:


Even though the girls' figures on the painting were important they should not distract the attention from the main subject, The Eiffel Tower. Better, if they would be engaged in some kind of conversation, and maybe about the beauty of Paris and the Eiffel Tower itself. 

I made a few figure sketches for my client to choose. I really wanted to leave the scarf on one of the girl to show not only the style, the breeze; but more, keeping it as the romantic Paris-like piece, which by flowing with the wind would bond two figures together. And, it should be the brightest spot of the figures. The figures were supposed to be painted pretty much in one color: 


This sketch (above) was engaging but it was a little detached from the mail subject.
My client chose this sketch. It was not only showing a nice conversation, but as well the dynamics. One girl was pointing towards The Eiffel Tower as if they just discussed its grandiose beauty, which suddenly appeared from the cloudy skies. 

Stay tuned. Tomorrow I am posting first two phases of the painting.

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts