Crockett, California - St.Rose Of Lima Church Grotto

For Detailed Image Click Here

A beautiful Grotto of St.Rose Lima Church in a small town of Crockett, California. I came here today for my  Plein Air paintings. This town is a small hidden place right next to couple of bridges that connect East Bay with the North. 

My colleges from CWA met at 10 am; and, after finding a spot to paint,  we were supposed to paint until 1:00 pm. The heat was rising. At 10:30am it was already 102 F degrees. How did I survive? I am not sure; though, I did pray to be able to finish the painting and I think I was heard. 

And, by the end of the day I have developed a new watercolor technique: not wet-on-wet, not dry-on-dry, not even wet-on-dry or opposite. I would call this technique - A Very Very Dry- On A Super Hot and Dry :0).. The moisture was evaporating before I could touch the paper with the brush.. Yeah.. Summers in California are not created for 3 hour plein-air paintings :0). But who doesn't like a challenge: today I've confirmed one more time: I do :0)
...............................................................................
*************************************
More Plein-air paintings are HERE

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts