Farewell To The Summer


When my friends started asking me this week how was my Summer vacation, I had to admit that I haven't left the house for more than five days in the raw. 

I asked myself:"Oh, Gosh! What I actually did this Summer?" as it flew by so very quickly.

Besides finishing two large commission pieces.

bicycle basket cats flowers window

and

sorrento lemon

and wrapping up the Yogurt Labels project with one Irish customer:

This project included sweets like Blueberries and Raspberries, Lemons and Forest Berries, Rhubarb and Vanilla; and, even Caramel Fudge images for yogurt lables. But the most interesting challenge all of them were in the black and white, were placed on different backgrounds in special PNG format of the image. A totally new approach for me as an artist, who mostly painted in watercolor.

So, I guess, instead of going on long vacations, I did take a mini-ones, mostly for the inspiration. 

The Trip To The Woods (my latest post) was a good example of it.

Or, going to San Francisco museums left a good impression and inspired me to  research an Old Masters paintings, such William Turner (the post pretty soon will come up) or Dutch Still Life Masters art
I've even painted one seascape following a good traditions of Great Britain masters this Summer:
Old Masters tradition

This Summer was really big for me in understanding better the illustration part of my art business.
I started creating many images with Floral Patterns (ha-ha, Summer really helped to get into the flowery mood :0) 

I also got kinda crazy about ballet and ballerinas silhouettes, which led to the opening a whole new Dance Gallery. I will elaborate on this in one of the upcoming articles. Here is a sneak peek:

Abstract Watercolor

And the last but not least I have added a Baby Room Gallery to my website; that became a quite popular among my customers and art collectors.
Just recently a client from Pinehurst, North Carolina purchased a bulk of cute pillows with my designs:



Wow, my Summer was big, BIG!! No wonder that I didn't travel much in the last three months :)

Instead, my art did. This Summer my artworks prints traveled to the states such CO, NY, FL, AZ, NC, CA, NV, TX, MA, MI, IL, UT, CT. And some of the artworks ended up in  England, Ireland, Kuwait, and Australia. 

I envy my art is traveling more than I do :)

But I do have to admit, if I didn't spend so much time in my studio this Summer, my Summer wouldn't be so successful!! 

Big virtual hugs to all my Followers and Art Collectors!!



www.artirina.com





Popular Posts