Painting With An Opposite Hand

Sun Light Painting

Are you right-handed? Have you tried to write with the left hand?
Or, maybe you are a left-hander, who thought about drawing with the right one?

Try it! It is fun!

Those thoughts came to me when a couple weeks ago I've pulled my working arm in the elbow area. The pain was almost unbearable. It is better now.

I have put my right arm to rest for a day and did everything (EVERYTHING!) with the left one. Not an easy task, I can tell you.

I took a brush, placed my paints and water on the left side and dove/dived in.

I thought why not: 

And here is my attempt: The roses in my backyard. 

I've used a brush to draw instead of the pencil, then started painting applying the strokes one-by-one. No washes, no precise lines. At the end I grabbed a sponge and dabbed the rocky wall texture in. Maybe that was a secret of Impressionists: they worked with opposite hands ;0) ???

Quite new experience! 
Try doing something with the opposite hand. 
It is a fun challenge
 :0)
......................................................................
Original Painting Roses is 12"x16" on Strathmore 140lb Cold Pressed (painted with the left hand)


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts