To The Lighthouse - Point Reyes, California

Click HERE to see detailed image



Painting outside requires a lot of things. One of them is to drive sometimes to the "lands end" .. This happened to me last weekend when my sister and I joined CWA at our monthly plein-air meeting. The selected location for that weekend was Point Reyes, one and a half hours away  historical place on a shore. A gorgeous place! As the matter of fact ABC program Good Morning America named it one of the 10 most beautiful places in America. And I need to add: The Foggiest. When we drove to the Lighthouse the fog was covering the hills as a blanket. We even didn't notice a deer until it came close enough to the road; and, if you can see the buck cared less of people presence. He was staying gracefully and posing for a picture. 

Point Reyes National Seashore is a 71,028-acre (287.44 km2) park; and, I believe its heart is in the place where they built the Lighthouse: on the rocks, in the fog, wind, and only 52 degrees F (around 11C). brrrrrr... but still beautiful! Although, we only lasted a couple hours and had to go home to finish the paintings. 

.................................................................................
Original Watercolor Paintings:

Point Reyes Lighthouse 10"x14" on 140lb Arches Block Cold Pressed Paper
Deer In The Fog 9"x12" on 140lb Arches Block Cold Pressed Paper

************************************
More plein-air paintings are HERE

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts