California Beach - Plein-Air - Art Festival in Capitola

Detailed Image is HERE

Detailed Image is HERE

My artist friend Vera Lysenko invited me to visit an Art & Wine Festival in Capitola, CA last weekend. Bright sunny day with all the art and happy people around was great for a plein-air painting.  Making art outside in front of hundreds of people is quite different from painting in the studio or in some quiet place in the park. And even though I've heard a lot of compliments, I had to abstract my mind from what's going on around focusing only on the subject of the painting. The funny part that I got so lost in my mind that I forgot to use the sunscreen sitting under the Sun for more than 4 hours.Go figure: my chest now looks like that little girl's dress :0) oh well.. we have saying in Russia: The Beauty Demands Some Sacrifice ;0) 


...........................................................................................
Original Paintings:
California Beach - 10"x14" Watercolor on 300lb Cold Pressed paper
Two Chairs on The Beach -- 9"x12" Watercolor on 140lb Cold Pressed paper

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts