A Thousand Poppies In The Field

Detailed Image is HERE

Maybe because it is Fall came unexpectedly or I have re-read the Wizard Of Oz  when preparing for my Workshop illustrate-a-book; but I was thinking of poppies a lot, and as an artist I could put my imagination on the paper. The poppies in above painting are so light so red against the greed background. They  almost floating in the air.

The poppy field below is more solid. The whole field is flooded by poppies; and, we barely see the green of the grass between the red flowers. These poppies are competing with the blue of the sky and the yellow of the grass on the background:
Detailed image is HERE

And of course I couldn't omit California Poppies by all means. These cute orange heads are so attractive and Sunny. The poppies became official state flowers of California, and I believe that the Golden State couldn't choose the better flower than a Gold Poppy for its symbol:
Detailed Image is HERE

.......................................................................

More info on Red Poppies is HERE
More info on California Poppies is HERE

For more beautiful artworks on Realism in Watercolors 
Click HERE
realistic paintings

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul




Popular Posts