Wizard Of Oz - illustrate a book - Workshop

illustration ruby slippers
Detailed images are in the Gallery HERE

The last workshop in the local library for this season was devoted to Wizard Of Oz book and movie. It was hard to separate the written story from the video version of it. For example, Dorothy had Silver Slippers in the book and Ruby Slippers in the movie. Scarecrow received a Diploma from Wizard of Oz;  but in the book he actually received a bag of bran with pins and needles. And Cowardly Lion got a potion of Courage in the book while in the movie he got a medal.

I taught kids about a Still Life by cutting a few objects from the Wizard Of Oz story and combining them into a visual still life:


Then I painted the actual still life on a paper, and  put it together:



We also had some "guests" who was watching us painting: my friend landed us a Wizard of Oz Barbie Doll collection:


Kids and I had a blast. We not only painted this time, we learned how to draw, how to place the images on a paper, make some important decisions on composition. The paintings turned out bright and creative:


Even Moms this time wanted to paint; and, I have to honestly tell you they did good and I saw they enjoyed every second of it :0)


Ruby Slippers painting:

Artwork from Wizard Of Oz in interior decor
Ruby Slippers Painting in interior decor
The painting print is available HERE


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul



Popular Posts