Venice Italy Canal Grande Watercolor Painting

Italy Venice Grand Canal Watercolor Painting in interior

When I was painting this Venice scene in watercolor, I remembered how lucky I was to get up quite early and stroll along the embankment one day. The hazy air was making the cityscape of Basilica di San Giorgio Maggiore (on the left) and Santa Maria Della Salute (on the right) somewhat mysterious as they were so light so fragile that they were appearing floating gracefully above the waters of Canal Grande. Lonely gondolier moved his boat towards the pier to pick up his first clients. And vapporettos  (water buses) were bringing tourists from the main land to the islands. I am glad I could bring this peaceful feeling of and adventurous beginning into my watercolor artwork. 

And for those Art Collectors who prefer the large canvas prints, I created an elongated image of Venice where the skies are more dramatic and the day is almost gone promising interesting dining experiences, concert music on San Marcos Square, and romantic evening walks around multiple channels of Venice:

Canvas Print of Venice Italy Painting in interior decor

Live To Create!


Contact the artist for commission quote HERE

Popular Posts