Dancing Water - Abstract

A little bit of Water and Color and my next Abstract Series came alive (click on each image to play with the prints sizes, frames, etc if you wish):

In this abstract painting the dancer is leaving and bringing away the rough weather letting us to enjoy the future calm and quiet

Here the girl just stopped dancing, but her skirt is still moving with the last sounds of music

In this abstract painting the ballet dancer is going up in the air and the waves below represent her dress and the energy flow

In this abstract painting I did not even dare to place a figure. The vortex of moving waters was absorbing everything. I have achieved an interesting texture that reminds a foam by sprinkling some salt on the paint while it was still wet


These few paintings are a second part of my Dancing Abstract Collection (in Abstract– Décor - Collage gallery). I started the series when needed to clear my head from pure realism and when I asked myself a question: what color are some dances such Tango, or Flamenco, or classical ballet? And this question led to an idea to create a several series of paintings:


When thinking of Dancing Water nothing but ballet come to my mind.. I guess it is from my childhood memories about a Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky.

I took cold colors (practically out of the tube) with addition of warmer green. The cool blues are: Ultramarine and Phthalo with a little Cobalt Blue. Purple Violet with the dash of Payne's Grey are implying deep sea. I definitely used plenty of water to move the paint around letting it spread as it wanted with minimal control. 

It was good to abstract. Now back to Realism :0)

**************************************************

More Abstract Paintings are HERE

watercolor abstraction


**************************************
Craving some realism? Stop by HERE

fine art





In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul



Popular Posts