Never Late To Practice






If somebody told me twenty years ago that when I turn 40+ I will paint balls and cylinders again, oy, I'd laugh very hard. Yet here I am, taking a drawing class for my degree. And the best part that I enjoy it. When teacher said we'll do simple still lives, one per 3 hour class, I couldn't believe its possible. My academic experience from Russian art schools told me it is impossible as we mostly painted in pencil (graphite) with very fine applications. Here we were supposed to use charcoal, sanquine, and white crayons on a tinted  and very fine paper. These materials helped to speed up the process. It was not too easy to block out of watercolor-mind and use dry techniques. But it was fun.
I thought I will share some of non-watercolor art that I've done in the class this semester while I am working on one pretty urgent commission painting (not yet to be disclosed).
And by the end of the week you can see my masterpiece with pastels. Gosh! I have not used pastels literally 20+ years! You will be the judge :0)
.....................................................................................
Each Drawing is on 18"x24", Tinted 80lb Pastel Paper with charcoal, sanquine, and white crayons. 

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts