Mama Mia! So Many Roofs! Siena, Italy




The history of this painting goes back to the last year when I was preparing for the Sketchbook Project - Travel With Me. The sketch will soon end up in NY Library after it travels in the different countries. 

When I was painting a larger format it took quite a while even the overall tone of the painting is pretty much the same and contains primarily Ochre and Burnt Sienna (Note the town that is painted is called Siena). I couldn't understand what took so long to paint; and at the end I finally got it. The painting contains 17 roofs (big and small, close and far)! I guess, it does take time not only to build the roof, but as well to painted it. :0) 
To make the painting more "alive" I've added birds, some flowers on the back, geranium on the window sand hanging outside laundry. I thought this will give nice people presence in this old rustic town.

.......................................................................................................................................
23"x17" Watercolor Painting on 140lb Cold Pressed Paper

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts