The Apple Fest

watercolor painting

A part of my large painting is completed: an apple part. While painting those little apples I was wondering how many times I did so (never though I painted apples in the water with watercolors :)..

I remember the times (20 or so years ago) when my teacher placed an apple as a part of a still life and explained that the roundness of this "object" will attract the viewer's eye. And it truly did, especially with the metal spoon pointing to that apple:
realism in watercolor

I painted apples big (a real size):
watercolor on Aquabord
(on a watercolor Aquabord )

And I painted apples as small as to fit on teeny-tiny 2"x3" paper:
watercolor miniature

miniature painting of fruits

Once, I've even created an instructional sequence on how to paint an apple in six easy steps:
watercolor artwork

It was cool to imagine how the apple "grew" on a white piece of paper:
I guess, for me, apples are really fun to paint: none of them, even though look alike, is the same. Each has it's own personality:

realism in watercolor

Just like these two Cuties above were pushing their Brother over the board; or, the freshly-picked apple below is happy to spread its arms-leaves under an afternoon Sun: 

Realism in watercolors

Like they say "an apple a day keeps the doctors away"; my apples , quite contrary, surely kept me busy and pretty close to my studio
 :0)




In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul






Popular Posts