It Is Time To Smell The Flowers

Lilli Tulips Magnolia

It is time to update my Christmas decorations and bring the holiday related paintings off the walls. I hope, it will give the flowers blooms an opportunity to push Miss Winter away :0) 

Just a few days left for my Poinsettia paintings and a Seven Minutes Before Christmas remind about a lovely Holiday season:
Realism In Watercolor

But on another hand, the flower paintings are always in season, aren't they. 
Out of that fragrant quartet of flowers above two are my very favorite:

The Magnolia bloom painting:
Watercolor flower bloom
The reason why it is one of my favorite is that Magnolia bud is gentle, fuzzy, sweet, pink and it is about a beginning; the beginning of a new life, a new pretty flower. 

And another "artist's pet" on that wall is a Pink Tiger Lilly:
floral painting
I think the wet-on-wet technique that I used while painting this flower's petals allowed to achieve the texture of the flower: glossy yet fuzzy, cold yet warm...And also, the full bloom of this flower tells a story about a short yet graceful life full of pink glory. 


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts