When Sky Meets Water - Disney Family Museum Open Studio

Grass Silhouette Landscape

This painting of the sky and a little ducky on the horizon is created as a tribute to Tyrus Wong exhibition Water to Paper, Paint to Sky: The Art of Tyrus Wong  at Walt Disney Family Museum
Walt Disney Website

WDFM invited me and other artists from CWA to teach how to do a "wash" in watercolors. 
California Watercolor Association

At the fist glance the wash is pretty easy to do, but a lot of people are afraid of making it. The fear probably comes from not knowing how to achieve the smooth layers of different colors melting into each other. 

I decided to show how to paint the skies in watercolor using wet-on-wet technique.

The public that comes to the open studio is of different age groups. So, if the adults can paint the sky, and kids will want to paint something else, I've prepared another lesson, based on  something bright and cheerful:
Realism in Watercolor

Can you guess what it will be? :0)

Meantime in my drawing class, we learn (or re-learn) some simple objects sketching. 
Here is the recent homework made in charcoal on the newsprint paper:
realistic drawings


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul


Popular Posts