Carmel By The Sea - California Landscapes

Impressionism In Watercolor

Last weekend a group of CWA artists and a few of my close friends went to a lovely town at the Pacific ocean. This cute cozy place is called Carmel By The Sea.. a beautiful venue for painting, resting, and dining.

The morning started rough. We thought that it will be raining any minute. But the clouds passed by and only a few drops fell on our art works. 
We even enjoyed a partial sun giving some mysterious shadows on the sand:
boats birds trees

When painting this piece (above), I wanted to tell a little story (as I usually do with my art). I call it "All comes in pairs" ...If you look carefully, you will see two trees, two sailboats, two birds.. but only one person waking down the pier.. I left the second person somewhat hidden; so that, the viewers can make up their own romantic story


The last painting I did was of my friend-artist Vera Lysenko, she was passionately creating a seascape with acrylic. 
It is always fun to see the artist at work and wonder what is there on the canvas? 
Vera Lysenko

The artists gathered together after four hours of painting to see and discuss the artworks that they created:



More Plein-air Painting are HERE


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts