Sweet Memories

mouse painting
SOLD
(prints are available HERE)

One mysterious thing happened to me a few days ago. 

I had to paint a cat, who died last year. For this sweet memory artwork, the owner sent me a photo. Together with the first photo, she sent a picture of her new cat. Ok, I thought, I'll place both cats on one painting. The cat that was gone will be on the framed photo and the alive one will look through the window. 

Just as I was ready to paint I've learned a terrible news: the other cat was found dead on the street next to his house. So sad...

...I started working on the painting. My plan for the composition did not change, except, that for some reason I decided to place a mouse next to the first kitty. The same toy I placed on the window. Why? I had no explanation, but "why not, each cat might have a mouse-toy at some point, right?"

But how little I knew. When the painting was delivered to the owner; she almost burst in tears. Her beloved cats were "speaking" to her from the painting looking so much like in real life. She also asked how I KNEW about the mouse story. What story?!

 And here it goes: 

When the first cat died, she packed all his toys and placed them to the attic. Yet one toy was missing: his favorite mouse. Later, when she invited a second pet, he found the toy and it became one of his favorite, as if the first cat passed it to the new one as a generous gift.

***************************************************
Original Painting Sweet Memories is 8"x10" on 140lb Fabriano Watercolor Paper


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts