Twenty Shades Of Blue - Blue Blue Water


Recently, looking at my painting of Oregon shore, I was asking myself how many times I've painted the water, waters of an ocean, lakes, sea or river? 
And even though the answer was MANY.. I was curious to see the difference in the shades of blue; the blue blue water.

Water for me has some personal almost human qualities. The colors depend on the time of the the day, the light, the shadows; and, of course, the artist's mood, time put into painting, and  professional choice of the color.

And here are just a few waters painted in the different places at different times. It is interesting to see these fragments in one post close to each other, with almost no surrounding background/foreground interruptions 
(if curious to see the full painting, just click on the image or the name of the artwork).

Fine Art realism


 Slowly building, soon ready to crush waves next to the shore in Boys And The Ocean painting:
Fine Art realism

 Deep blue waters of the ocean during the sunny in Capitola, California.  Two Umbrellas At The Beach painting:
Two Umbrellas at The Beach

and a very same day just a few hours later.
Capitola California artwork

Here is a foggy morning with wild emerald green waves in Carmel By The Sea, California:
Impressionism

and the same day, when Sun appeared, it made the water shine 
California Fine Art

Almost unbelievable Thalo and Ultramarine blue water in the painting A Coupe And The Sea:
Water painting

Ready to storm yet still not dangerous waters in A Girl And The Ocean artwork: 
Romantic artwork

And, much more alarming waves of the waters when the girl "grows up", and comes to visit ocean again.
realistic artwork

Calm reflections in the mirror-like Winter waters of Lake Tahoe painting:
realistic seascape artwork

From Ultramarine to Turquoise  blue in Monterey Shore sketch:
water painting shore

Quiet monumental waters of Norway Fjord:  
realism in watercolor


I have to admit, painting the waters next to the Golden Gate Bridge seems to be my favorite thing now. 
Here are the waves near Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco Bay from Fort Point point of view:
California San Francisco Bay

Realism in watercolors

Point Bonita has different point of view to Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Bay. Lifted up fog just revealed graceful sailboats:  
California art

Soothing waters of the Bay reflecting the Golden Gate Bridge, is quite rare event: 
Realism in watercolors

Fine Art

Impressionistic green reflections of impressionistic waters in Water Lilies painting: 
impressionism in watercolors

And speaking of Impressionism, the Fall Reflections certainly colored those waters in Red, Yellow, Green, and Orange: 
Wet-on-wet artwork

If I were a poet I would write a poem devoted to Water; but, I am the Artist and I will keep painting Miss Water in all her shades of blue
:0)


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul





Popular Posts