Making Life A Little Brighter - Fun Tree Of Life Series


abstract
With all the recent serious things such judging, writing for CWA, preparing for the shows, and meantime working on a couple of commissions; I really wanted to loosen up and make something just for fun.

Here is my little Fun Tree of Life series

First, I placed some random swirls on Strathmore 140lb Cold Pressed paper, then I washed them off. Next, more swirls were coming, and more and more using dry-on-wet technique. When this was done, I applied wet-on-wet nice juicy wash of rich colors such Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, and all what I felt is right for this project from my pallet.

Still sounds too serious?
Ok, ok.

Here is when the fun came. When paper was dry, I looked at each swirl and it basically "dictated", moved my hand to where I felt putting the branches of the tree, plus a little cute additions to the trees that made it fun.

Impression I and Impression II (above) are all about birds and flowers.

Impression III and Impression IV have hidden birds, plus one of them is full of fruits and has a curious cat:
red yellow painting

In Impression V the cat is hiding on a tree. And Impression VI is caring two hearts and two love birds:
hunting cat and bird


Just like in real life, we grow, we thrive, sometimes don't see things right in front of our eyes, sometimes are happy just by looking at a simple flower or a birdie, or find love where we least expect it... 

Oh, I am getting again too serious.. better stop and keep working!
:0)


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts