Pears Trio

watercolor pears

Oh Pears, Pears! Each time I paint them I think about a figure painting. They are just like humans: not two pears are alike, are they?

These three ladies I painted on special Watercolor Canvas made by Fredrix. I loved to experiment. If to look closely, there is texture of the canvas is seen. 

The pears were from Farmers Market. They perfectly showing their imperfection: pretty as Nature intended.
The shelf that they are sitting on is made of Myrtle Wood. My husband and I picked the wood from the shop in Oregon; and, then he made the lovely shelf that I cherish.
Myrtle wood has quite interesting texture and it is one of the rare woods in the world.

Per www.myrtlewood.com 
No other hardwood excels Oregon Myrtlewood in beauty of grain and variety of coloring. Golden tans and muted reds, yellow greens and soft grays, ash blonds and seal browns, often patterned with velvet black for striking designs within the wood. Here is nature's artistry unsurpassed!
 (read more here)

I had fun not only painting those pears, but also got lost in the grain of the wood. At some point, while painting it, I was thinking I painted marble shelf, not a wooden one.

Now, back to the pears. 
Here are just a few pears for the road
 :0)

They do look good when they sprinkled with a few drops of water:
still life painting
SOLD


A single pear on a watercolor board Aquabord does make a personal statement 
(the story about it is in the previous post here): 
realistic painting
SOLD


And, even with coffee, pears look appealing, playful, and yummy: 
cerafe
SOLD
(prints are available in my Still Life Gallery here)

**************************************************************

Original Painting Three Pears on The Myrtle Wood Shelf is 8"x10" Watercolor on Fredrix Canvas


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts