Ranunculus Study


An incoming commission, in which I will paint Ranunculus bouquet, gave me an opportunity to research, sketch and learn more about these special and very beautiful flowers. The name Ranunculus actually came from Latin for "little frog". These flowers prefer lots of water and are found near lakes, ponds; just like frogs. Another name for Ranunculus is Buttercup. There are about 600 species of these flowers are found in the world so far. I’ve also learned that these cute flowers are long lasting cut flowers in the bouquet. But not all beauty is safe. It appears that fresh buttercups are actually poisonous, yet when dry they are absolutely safe. Some of Ranunculus flowers have numerous petals and others none. I personally love the ones that look like roses, peonies or poppies. Although, takes quite a bit to paint petal after petal..
....................................................................................................................
9"X12" Watercolor on 300 lb Arches

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts