Ranunculus Painting - Phase I


Drawing
Pale green suggestion for the background
Magazine cut-out suggestion
Working on the commission piece is not easy, but still enjoyable task. It gives the Artist space to create and propose, yet still keeps on the toes to meet the client's needs. My client wanted an imaginary bouquet of Ranunculus flowers in the transparent glass vase. I was given the small cut out from Martha Stewart catalog to follow the color pattern, the tablecloth style, and the type of Ranunculus (as we now know there are more than 600 species in the World ). I also was told that the style of my Tea Roses paining and Roses in The Glass Vase painting would be the best when I decide on composition. And the background should be pale green not dark.
.......................................................................................................................................
First I decided on composition. As there will be lots of flowers and petals, I will do a very simple almost central composition. The Flower Symphony will speak for itself. Between tablecloth and Ranunculus flowers in the vase there should not be a competition; therefore, I will make a tablecloth flowers very simple and will try my best to work on realistic painting for Ranunculus.
.......................................................................................................................................
8"x10" Drawing for Watercolor Painting

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts