Carmel Mission Basilica - Watercolor Painting On Canvas

Watercolor Painting on Canvas Carmel by The Sea mission

This watercolor artwork was painted on a special canvas, that is made for watercolors and acrylic paints. I painted it on one of my trips to Carmel By The Sea, a beautiful quiet town where this Spanish Mission was built. 
The garden next to Basilica was full of flowers and the fountain was my focal point in this composition. Painting on the spot, el plein-air style, is not an easy task. The artist needs to be quick and spontaneous when painting rapidly changing weather. The morning sky cleared rather quickly that day; but, I am happy I was able to catch those fresh strikes of the clouds at the beginning, which gave this nice live look to the painting. 

More beautiful landscapes are here:

Cheers from

Popular Posts