Whimsical Garden Decorative Design

wall art

In my new collection Whimsical Garden, I am using some old watercolor techniques with a new approach. I decided to block the color with the help of protective medium in order to allow the watercolor to flow only in one particular area. It reminded me batik style technique but with the new trick. The possibilities of this kind of style are endless. 

Here is another one for example:
wall art

I have selected the color pallet from light green to deep Paynes Gray thinking about departure of the Summer. 
It was fun to imagine these designs on the stretched canvas prints with mirrored sides :
stretched canvas prints
Whimsical Garden III  (above on the left)
Whimsical Garden IV (above on the right)

Also, this style of decorative watercolor was "screaming" to me to try it on pillows designs:

home decor

Home decor

home decor

And I wouldn't be true to myself if I have not tried to see how these designs will look in the simple off-white and black interior. 
It was looking pretty good as the matter of fact:
wall art

Another design that was created in the same color theme, was the Organic Decor that has softer lines and mellow edges. I used wax application in order to achieve this effect.

Here is the end result.

wall art

wall art

This soft organic paintings looked sweet on any decorative style print and even on bags:
Irina Sztukowski Art

Yes, Summer might be almost over, but my Decorative Gallery will have the memory of this season forever :) 

Cheers from www.artirina.com 








Popular Posts