Fog In San Francisco

Watercolor by Irina Sztukowski

When I moved to San Francisco around 15 years ago, I was lucky to get an apartment in the most beautiful place of the city, next to the Ocean Beach, with the walking distance to Golden Gate park.

I couldn't understand the face expression of my friends when I was announcing about my new place to live... My friends just shook their heads and said: "A lot of fog!"... So what?!! I didn't get it at that time. But when the fog season came, oh, I understood that face expression clearly. The fog was milky thick, I couldn't see not even Pacific Ocean.. not even a closest street crosswalk, not even my hands.. (exaggerating, of course!! :))
But, really, if I painted the Golden Gate bridge that time, it would be more like that:


But I need to have a mercy for my Art Collectors; so, I am revealing the Bridge in all its monumental beauty, just slightly touching it with the "Fog Application".. just for the feel of those foggy days..

Welcome to the Bay Area San Francisco, one of the most beautiful places on Earth!!

Watercolor by Irina Sztukowski

  

Popular Posts