Preparing For The Art Show

Realism In Watercolor

After finishing one unusual commission (I am going to post the details just in a few days), I have received a good news from Evergreen, CO art gallery. Two of my paintings, The Dancing Shoes and In The Bookstore, were accepted into a juried art show "Watermedia: Exploration".
Now it is time to frame, pack, and mail. I am realizing that it takes a lot of time to do so; besides, the jury was so impressed with my artworks that they offered to select a few more (of my choice) to send for the display in the matted (not framed) format. Yey!
Oh, it is hard to choose. And even though I don't have too many originals left, I finally made my decision. The selected work will represent a floral theme.

Two were matted with the open edges of the watercolor paper. They have white background and represent botanical studies.

watercolor flowers

and Purple Flowers painting:
Watercolor Realism

Now it is time for me to select, frame, and mat the others. My studio is an Artful Mess today.
 :0)



Popular Posts