My Impressionistic Autumn

As the Fall knocking the door already, I got in the Autumn mood and grabbed my brush. Here I want to share a couple of Impressionistic style paintings.

The first one is actually a segment of a larger painting:
Click on the image to see Zoom-up

This is the view from the window of my Fall painting where I mix a still life with the landscape. The still life will be very realistic, detailed; yet, the landscape is mostly done in wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry... just like The Nature welcomes us with Autumn rains and dry gusty winds. I'll be posting the final result in the next post.

Another painting was an inspiration and experimentation. And it is always a story coming around:
See this painting and its variations in my New Gallery Seasons

My artist-friend Vera Lysenko and I love the art of one wonderful Russian painter Konstantin Vasiliev whose short but extremely productive life produced more than 400 gorgeous paintings. Vera and I were discussing his painting about Fall; and, she asked me to paint a piece similar in expression for her. And even though Vasiliev was following more realistic symbolism shell I say; I decided to paint Fall forest in Impressionistic format using new for me techniques. First I painted all wet on wet with splashes of yellow, orange, and sepia. Then, I grabbed the brush and started splattering the "leaves" all over the artwork (the surrounding area also suffered for art: my computer display, desk, floor. Oh Well!). And when the painting was completed, I covered it with the thin layer of Acrylic Polymer that my friend can place it on a wall without framing (I fixed the painting with Auquarelle Fixative before applying the polymer). All of that made a very decorative colorful ready-to-give gift.

That's how one realistic artist and one wonderful friend can trigger an impressionistic idea in another artist.

I found a short movie-presentation of Vasiliev art, if you are interested click below: you will have a delighted visual and musical experience:

For more beautiful Art works please click 
watercolors flowers eiffel tower portraits


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts