Girl's Portrait Study Final Phase

The Girl's portrait is completed. I've defined hair, worked on eyes and lips. And at the final stage looked at the anything that needs to be fixed.
What did I learn?
- The shadow side of the face lit by the Sun needs to be painted darker than you think when mixing the paint. And even it looks exaggerated when it is wet it will dry lighter.
- The time to finish is the time when the artist thinks it is done. I could work on this portrait until the year end; but, it was time to stop. Sometimes it is hard to do so.
- Red hair requires pretty much all colors but Red: I used all shades of gold, which are yellow, transparent orange, burned sienna, green.
......................................................................................................................................
I had a lot of fun painting this portrait, learned a lot, and now it is even a little sad it is done. But I need to move forward :)
......................................................................................................................................
24"X18" Winsor&Newton Watercolor on 140 Cold Pressed paper

Popular Posts