Needed Some Colors

After a Black & White commission that I am going to post after tomorrow I needed some really bright splashes of colors. And I needed to make it loose. No details! No background! Attention is on the subject matter. The vase is my favorite. It looks so great together with yellow and red of roses. And I've used absolutely unusual paper for watercolor this time. My son finished his drawing class and brought left over (pretty much not used) pad of Series 400 Stathmore Bristol.. Quite interesting experience to paint on it: makes you think about Impressionists and their fast techniques. Next time I'll try very wet-on-wet using this paper. It is exciting to try different materials.
............................................................................................................................................
20"x16" Watercolor on Bristol 400 Series Strathmore Paper

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts