Children Book Illustration - Boy In The Garden

Bernard Goes To Music School book

In this illustration, that actually the first opening artwork in the book "Bernard Goes To Music School"  I painted the boy in front, next to the flowers. His shy nature is shown in the movement towards the flowers. He wants to smell them. Through the pink of the surrounding blooms I wanted to portray not only a beginning of a great season, but as well as the character of the protagonist.    

And here is the funny note:
First, I wanted to paint a bee sitting on one of the peony flower. I almost started; but, something stopped me. I thought that the bee, as cute as it could be, will be somehow a danger to a little boy's nose. 
I am glad I prevented the "tragedy" ;)

Painting this illustration was fun and I loved later on getting through all four seasons in the illustrations of this book.

The book is now published and it is
on Amazon for little readers to explore. 

  • ISBN-10: 1523864753
  • ISBN-13: 9781523864751

Popular Posts