Dance. From Cool To Hot!

Swan Lake Ballet art

Last weekend I have watched an outstanding performance of Smuin Ballet. They were giving only three concerts near the place I live; and, I am so glad I was able to get the tickets and enjoy their Holiday show. 

Smuin ballet is located in San Francisco. They perform all over the country. And they have great team of professional dancers from all over the world. 

I was watching precise movements of the ballerinas and caught myself on a thought that,usually, when I watch ballet, I always afraid that the dancer makes mistake; that there will be a tiny slip or break in the flow. But, this time, I was relaxed, enjoying the professional moves carefully coordinated with music tones. 

The choreography was amazing; the dancers were superb.  

My Dancing series came in mind as I could definitely see there a great friendship between music, dance, and visual arts.

As ballet started with the classical scene, I want to share a few art pieces of mine that correlate so well with the first Act of the concert.

abstract Ballet watercolor

watercolor painting

These watercolor ballerinas silhouettes I placed into the silver frame, to add some cool tones to the sky blue and ultramarine colors. 

Playful white ballerinas' silhouettes from  my Dancing With The Stars series, have no need to be in color. The white of the bodies shows the movement of the dancer and the watercolor background implies the deep blue blue night:

watercolor art Ballerina Silhouette

white silhouette dance

The second part of the Smuin Ballet performance, was as they said Cool Ballet. Yet it was really great and cool; I wanted to call it HOT. The second Act was all about Christmas and Holidays songs; and the colors were yellow, red, gold, and sparkly.

Right away, I had a vision of hot dancing ballerinas made in watercolors:

yellow red abstract dance

warm tones abstract painting


The sounds of music added so much vibrant lines into my artist imagination. I saw an abstract floral dance in my mind when watching hot movements on the stage.

colorful dance painting

And the last art piece I want to share here, is an abstract warm fantasy of a rising from whimsical Earthy colors ballerina. 
She has tones of Mother Nature in her outfit and monumental beauty of Arabesque dance.

abstract painting warm colors
By now I have around seven dozens of different figurines in my Dance Gallery that were inspired by watching Ballet and Ballroom dancing and by listening to a classical and contemporary music. 


www.artirina.com

Popular Posts