How Art Sold A House

realism in watercolor

This Summer was quite busy for me. Besides two art shows in two different states (Colorado and New York), and exhibiting locally here in California; my family moved to a new house. And we wanted to sell our old house. So, I switched my hats from the artist to a decorator and designer for a while. 
As I had some originals available and a few prints made from my past work, it was easy. The framing process has begun; and the Pink Rose In The Garden (above photo reference) was proudly placed in the living room hallway. 

A few canvas prints with Petals-Petals series were "taking a bath" in the master bedroom upstairs..

realism in watercolor

Three yummy Pears on a watercolor canvas were getting close to a dangerous for pears place, THE Kitchen ;0)

sold house decor

My Sorrento Lemons (a copy of the sold artwork) was highlighting dining room area with it's contrast of yellow and purple-blue:

sold house decor

An expressive Abstract Floral artwork (in acrylic) was a centerpiece of a living room. It combined all the colors and patterns of the surrounding decor, yet did not take too much space that the viewers would get distracted:

home decor art

My studio had to be transformed into a dean. The artist's furniture went to a new house; and, only a few things such Still Life With Sunflowers and a chair were placed in that room:

realism in watercolor


But not only my art was decorating the house walls waiting for it to be sold. As an artist that appreciates other artists art very much, I had Maria Batkova, Vera Lysenko and another local artist's artworks and designs throughout the house. They fit just right to complement the staged house prepared for sale: 

sold house

Needless to say, as soon as we opened our decorated house for viewers to come; the house was sold in just three showing days (plus the escrow period, of course). And I am absolutely sure the art, even on subconscious level, played a big role in the buyers decision. 

Sold in three showing days?!
 Unbelievable, but true! 
:0)


Popular Posts