Drawing Faces, and Beyond

realistic art

In the last several month I had an opportunity to draw many portraits with models and from the photograph.
Above is the portrait of my niece when she was just about 10. She is holding her beloved pet here, wrapping him in her arms like a cozy blanket. 

All other portraits were from studio time. It was fun to draw live; it requires sense of measurement, value study, and understanding an anatomy of the face.

female portrait


charcoal drawing head

Drawing

The last one below is the skull of the man above. Oh, no, the man was alive, thank God! I just had to imagine what skull he has by placing a tracing paper on a drawing above and tracing imaginary bones there:
Anatomical Study



In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts