A Birthday Rose

This is my Birthday Weekend and I gave myself a little gift of getting on my blog and writing a short post. And of course the flower is the best object for that kind of occasion, isn't it.
This semester in school has been tough: managing equivalent of 17 units and working part time was a good challenge yet did not stop me to paint. This simple still-life has almost no background, which allows for the Rose "to speak". The light from the left illuminated the petals making the Pink of the Rose more interesting and diverse. The dark Green of the leaves helps to the Red to pop and brings the flower top towards the front of the painting.
*******************************************************************
10"x8" Winsor & Newton Watercolor on 140 lb Cold Pressed Arches

In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul

Popular Posts