Merging Feast and Christmas





\

Preparing for the Art Show that I am organizing this Saturday I've decided to combine my Flower Garden with the Christmas theme. Mass media makes people think about Christmas way before Thanksgiving feast; it is now becoming so common to start shopping for Christmas even before the Halloween night.
....................................................................................................................
The Art Show will be held in a small retirement community and I am sure that residents will be more than happy to get some cute stocking stuffers from the local artists. It is only three-artist show but the company is very unique. Besides myself, there will be two of my friends, acrylic painter Vera Lysenko whose talent knocked the door in her early 50s; and, my long time friend Evelyn Smith, the jewelry creator whose awakening for the arts happened in her early 60s. One day learning how to make jewelry saved her (literally) from the heart attack. Both of these artists are self-taught and I am grateful having these people as my friends.
.....................................................................................................................
I am sure the show will be fun. And I believe that there are three important things to make a great successful Art Show:
1. Be prepared
2. Do not get discouraged (no matter what!)
3. Shine (inside and out)
Besides acrylic paintings and jewelry there will be my watercolors and prints, note cards and notebooks, magnets and brochures. Every single item that I present will contain my watercolors; even scarves that I knitted ( I called them Knitted Palette) will come with the Giant Gift Tags made from my Poinsettia painting.
And we will have a lot of free gifts for old folks such 2012 calendars, bookmarks, gift tags, and cute postcards. After all, the great time of Holidays is approaching; we need to make if fun and generous!


In Every Piece Of My Art There Is A Piece Of My Heart And A Sparkle Of My Soul
www.artirina.com

Popular Posts