Kids Portraits





Lately I am painting a lot of kids from ages between 6 and 12. And it is the great thing. I guess the Universe heard me saying: "I wish to practice painting more kids' faces" and Vu-O-la, I've got it all. I've even got a very interesting commission the other day to paint a Black-&-White paining of two kids. It is in process right now.
................................................................................................................
On the first painting you can see a sister and brother hiding behind the Agapanthus bush. One day we were walking with our niece and nephew in the neighborhood and found that flower-less bush (which is pretty difficult in California, everything is blooming!). We told kids to hide behind the bush and pretend that they are flowers. They did a good job, they were just happily glowing like a real flowers :)
...............................................................................................................
Next painting of a cute blue-eyes blond is the girl that lives in Holland. I was talking with my friend through Skype and she sent me a picture of her family. At that time I was under serious commission and was pretty stiff with all the details. I needed to loosen up and I decided to paint the little cutie. Needless to say, when I sent the image to my friend, the sister of the girl was kind of jealous that I had not painted her. I had no choice but do it ;),  And I enjoyed it so much.
...............................................................................................................
Descriptions of the Artworks:
Peekaboo (Flowers) - 8"x10" Fabriano 140 Cold Pressed
Both Girls are on 8"x10" Canson 140 Cold Pressed (yet the different techniques have been used: Blond is done pretty much in dry brush, the Curly Lock was made mixing Wet-On-Wet, Wet-on-Dry)

Popular Posts